Friday, January 16, 2009

now i wanna be your dog

I can't hear this song without feeling shame and embarrassment. After my usual fashion, in the early 1990's I decided to be a rock star. I picked up the saxophone I hadn't touched since 1983 and got together w/ my friend Mike and the guys he was jamming with. Mike took, and I'm sure continues to take, music very seriously. We fell out pretty hard when I went paranoid schizo in 1992.

Anyway, they decided to play I Wanna Be Your Dog by the Stooges. There I am blaring musical garbage for a while - while the three of them, the real musicians, got into the song. I stop gibbering on the sax and pick up the mic and start to sing the song.

I finish and start to strut around, glowing with post rocking gusto, when I notice that they're still playing. Then, one of the guys that Mike played with starts to sing the song.

I had come in too soon. They had a thing going on, and I didn't get it. I felt like a fool.

I still feel like a fool. Writing this little post has been excruciating. I started to sweat.

I don't know why I cling to this poisonous shit. I've forgotten so much. Why do I need to remember this? It serves no purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment